Friday, August 18, 2006

writing from reykjavik

Well! I´m here--I´m still somewhat jet-lagged, but I´m here.

We arrived yesterday morning at 7 am Iceland time, but couldn´t get into our hotels until the afternoon. I walked around Reykjavik--gorgeous!--but ended up falling asleep in the hotel at 5 p.m. More details later, as my brain is still a bit fuzzy.

Today, we went for a quick 3K run and then to a geothermal spring outside of the city. Pictures when I return!

Anyway, tomorrow´s the big day--wish me luck!

Hey, though, just to tide you Sarah-o-philes over, here are some characters that are on Icelandic keyboards that are seriously impeding my ability to type properly:

¨
°
Ö
þ
µ (who puts mu on a keyboard! seriously!)
ð
Ð


And then, to make it worse, things like colons are not where I expect them to be. I suppose I could have worse complaints, though, what with being in Iceland and all.

More updates to follow--once I finish the race!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sweetie! my thoughts will be with you when i wake up tomorrow morning knowing that you will have just, or nearly completed your marathon. i'm so proud of you it's not even funny! r-funny actually.

r-love,

r

Anonymous said...

That´s r-hilarious.

Lots and lots of love (I miss youuu!),
Sarah

PS Mom, if you´re reading this, I miss you too, and can´t wait to wake you up at 3 am to make you wish me luck again...

Anonymous said...

Sarah Anne:

I couldn't sleep in anticipation of the 3 a.m. call...really! What was even more exciting, however, was the second call!!!

The tears started as soon as I heard the phone ring. I know that, somewhere, your Grampy's beautiful blue eyes are twinkling..and he's shaking his head in amazement. He believed you could do anything you set your mind on and, once again, you've proven that.

Congratulations baby. We're all very proud of you. Our hearfelt thanks for all you did in preparing for this marathon - the fundraising, campaigning, training - everything. Your dedication and determination have been inspirational.

love,
mommmmmy dearest

p.s. miss you tons'ntons *huggz'nkishes* :-)