Wednesday, August 16, 2006

hours until take-off (5) vs. number of things to do (5 million)

Since I found out the other day that people are actually reading this thing, I thought I'd post a quick update regarding my oh-my-god-i'm-leaving-in-five-hours state of complete and utter panic.

First, though, thanks to my high-school teacher extraordinaire, Mr. L, and fellow former Innis-ite S for their very generous donations!

The race is on Saturday, so I'm hoping to have enough time to adjust to the temperature/time difference/etc. by then in order to make it through in half-decent shape. I'm confident that I'll be able to finish, but I'm still a wee bit nervous.

Anyway, I leave tonight at 4:45 p.m.--wish me luck!

Before I sign off, though, I'd like to send out one last thank-you to everyone who donated to my campaign--I just squeaked over the $6000 mark, so know that no matter the size of your donation, it played a key role in my campaign's success. I'm so happy that I've been able to raise so much money in support of the Canadian Diabetes Association--I feel truly lucky to know so many wonderful, generous people.

Oh, one last thing! I have a few tres special people I'd like to thank.

First, Mom and Nana (and, by extension, Sean and Daniel, etc., etc., etc.), thank you so much for supporting me throughout the past few months, and for donating so generously. Hugs and kisses!

And, R, know that I couldn't have done it without you--you've been wonderful.

Finally, thanks to my grandfather for being such an inspiration--I know that you wouldn't even want me to be running this thing, but know that:

A) I try not to run at night, for the most part
B) My knees are fine
C) You made the first twenty-two years of my life wonderful, and I'll love you forever for it

And now, without further ado, CIAO! Expect pictures when I return!

Love,
Sarah

No comments: